Thursday, January 24, 2013

Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2013

 
         
I love top 10 list for the fact that everyone has an opinion on them.  No one is right or wrong, but it always stirs up great conversation and debate.  So may I present.......

 Cinema Reelz Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2013:




#10: A Good Day To Die Hard:
I love Bruce Willis and as I mentioned in my "Dredd" review I love check your brain at the door action films.


#9: Evil Dead:
I list this one with cautious optimism.  I love the original trilogy and have high hopes for the remake, especially with Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi producing this one.



#8: Star Trek Into Darkness:
I was a big fan of the 2009 J.J. Abrams vision of this series.  Hopefully, he can keep that feeling of awe going.  Can I say Benedict Cumberbatch as the villain seems perfect to me?


#7: Oz the Great and Powerful:
The different stories of Oz have always fascinated me.  "The Wizard of Oz" is a cinema treasure as everyone knows.  "Return to Oz" was a completely different film from the original, yet I still immensely enjoyed it.  Now, we get a new chapter in this land of magic and fairy tales and it stars James Franco.


#6: The Wolverine:  
I may be a bit in the minority here, but I enjoyed "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."  Now I will say it is no way on the same level as the other "X-Men" films, but it combined two things I love.... mindless action and superheroes.  I think Hugh Jackman is fantastic as Wolverine, and I can not wait for him to reprise his role.


#5: Monsters University:
Pixar and Disney have a good thing going.  Almost everything they touch becomes pure gold.  I don't expect any less from this.


#4: Iron Man 3:
Marvel has released some great superhero films lately, but I don't think any character is nearly as popular as Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark.  While Iron Man 2 did disappoint, it still was a good comic book film.  I expect this sequel to bounce back big time.



#3: The Great Gatsby:
Leonardo DiCaprio has developed into a great actor, and how he still has not won an Oscar is beyond me.  "Gatsby" seems to have Oscar nomination written all over it.


#2: Sin City - A Dame to Kill For:
I was blown away by Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez original noir style film.  While sometimes unrelentless in it's violence, one could not help but to be drawn in to this comic book brought to life.  Bringing back the all-star cast of the original makes this a film to see.


#1: Man of Steel:
Superman has always been my favorite superhero, so it would take a lot to knock this one from the top of my list. While Christopher Nolan is not directing this film, he did contribute to the story and we know what amazing things he did with the Batman franchise.  Putting Zack Snyder in the director's chair could go either way, but we can guarantee it will at least look good.




Comment and let me know, what 2013 film are you most looking forward to?



Cinemareelz.blogspot.com
Follow on Twitter: @cinemareelz
Like on Facebook: Cinema Reelz


1 comment:

  1. That list is spot on. I am also looking forward to The Tomb and Grudge Match.

    ReplyDelete